Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I feel like I don't belong in this world

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I often think that I am an alien left on earth by mistake when I was a baby. I've tried so hard to find peace and happyness. I've looked for GOD in every religion. I've looked for him in my dreams, in meditation, but I am so confused.

If I didn't have two beautiful children, I would leave this world in a heart beat, but I can't abandon them. I cannot understand why the world is so full of hate, judgement, envy and just plain evil.

I'm so tired. I feel so trapped. I often wonder if there is anyone truly good in the whole world, besides children ofcourse; they are born clean, but are soon stained by the darkness of this world.

If there is a GOD out there and he's really listening, if its true that I am your child and you love me, then please help me. Send me a sign, lead me into the light, because if you're real, then you know how lost and confused and broken I am. GOD please heal me, please help me be a better mother, a better person, guide me in the right direction.

There has to be someone out there that can be a true friend. Someone that can love me for who I am, that won't judge me, won't mistreat me. Someone that will always be there for me. GOD please send this person to me. I don't think I can take it much longer.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Macaroon
|

replied November 16th, 2010
I wish i could help ... all i can do is empathize
Wow. Sometimes I talk to google. Today I said "i fell like I'm trapped in a world in which i dont belong" and it led me here. It's so ironic that we are having very similar feelings. I too have two kids that I see as my soul purpose at this point. However, they are both nearing adulthood now. I wonder what the future holds for me as this place is so unfulfilling.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied June 18th, 2011
Honestly, if you are a spiritually sensitive person I think it is very easy to feel that you don't belong here. We were meant to live in the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth. We were meant to live in True Love. Originally all people were to become one family. We we meant to treat each other as the Divine representations of God that we are. Unfortunately, because humankind separated from God in the beginning and became dominated by the false parent Satan, we have all suffered, even God. Although God created this world, He Himself doesn't feel at home in this world because it is still under the domain of Satan. It is up to all mankind to turn away from the false parent and unite with the True Parent. Fortunately, all this is changing. The time is coming soon when God will be able to take complete sovereignty over the world. If you are interested in hearing more, just let me know.
|

replied June 18th, 2011
I think it's normal to have this feeling sometimes if you don't have a belief. Always trust in GOD and be sure he doesn't forget you but he is testing your patience and belief in him. GOD is merciful and wise, just supplicates to him and you will see how generous he is. Every thing happening in this world has a meaning and purpose and eventually we all die and be judged in the hereafter.
|

replied June 18th, 2011
How could GOD be under satan domain and he himself created this satan to test our resistance against him. The rightious people only who can defy satan and enter the heaven afterlife
|

replied June 19th, 2011
God is not under Satan's domain. No, that's not what I said. I was talking about humanity, and consequently the world we live in that is currently under two rulers. Evil was never meant to have a place in this world.

But, you know what? I can see right away that my comments are going to be seriously misunderstood, so I am going to leave well enough alone. You all have a good day, and Enelya I wish you peace, love, happiness and the fulfillment of your desires!
|

replied March 13th, 2012
I fail to see how people misunderstood your comment, I understood everything you had to say and thank you very much, you helped me clear things up. Smile
|

replied June 19th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
WHAT U DID NOT SAY
have u asked your Dr for assistance because u may easily be able to get help from Prozac type medications
do u have friends and family that u talk with regularly
do u have a job outside the home
r u a single mom
have u sought out support groups
do u have hobbies that u can get lost in
I have spent 1000s of hrs studying Scripture and probably know it better than the next ten ministers u will ever meet BUT I AM NOT GOING TO TRY SELLING U ON RELIGION as I don't think your problems will be solved there and there are thousands of different religions and u will find them behind most of the planet's wars thru out history.
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
If you are an enquiring mind, it's hard to know that god exists, you can have faith - but this really just amounts to a gamble. Faith is not enough for me...I have to beleive there is a place on this earth for me and that I dont just belong in some transcendental heaven.....so there must be an earthly solution to your problem..there has to be something you can do..something on this earth that gives you meaning beyond your kids...and on that note for them it is important that you set an example, not of accepting the world and its limitations as they are but of finding a way of fulfilling themselves within it.
|

replied March 12th, 2012
Dear Eneyla, I feel the same way. Don't know where you are but you have a true friend in me. Maybe there are quite a few of us like that out here but it's just hard for us to find each other. I hope you're feeling better than you were at the time you posted. I am like Tears and Ecojax. I find no relief so I end up turning to Google - shame they want to take my soul nowadays..but I shall just have to resist Smile
|

replied March 14th, 2012
u can find a friend in me too...if u want to
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2012
Experienced User
I am so sick of these religious rants. There is no God, it'a an obscenity to suggest there is. Religion is a political tool invented about 7000 years ago. Research it. Guess where? Iraq, what is today Iraq. Back then it was where hunter gatherers first settled knowing they could grow food and raise animals without following the weather.

As many hunter gatherers still roamed and attacked such communities the wise old men there came up with a method to bind the community together against all others.

It was religion, the fire and brimstone version.

Such as "Leave and God will damn you and strike you down and plague your family for life.

Research it, it's all there for you to find. But you won't cos you don't want to give up your belief system.

Enelya has said she searched for God in every religion. Well, that's an exaggeration as I doubt she has researched indiginous religions but the point is she has searched and found the truth, like I did. There is no God.

That's not failure Enelya, that's success. You've broken free of that God delusion and you still need to believe what you found. Once you let it go you will see how ridiculous it is to expect some imagineary being to come and save us.

If you search Google for a photo of the Big Bang you will find one, of the afterglow. It's so long ago but we can still see it. That's how Earth came to be, from that explosion. Not some God making plans.

How many times have you prayed for what you want? And how many times have you got what you asked for. Dare I venture an answer of NIL. Why the silence if God is there? Why doesn't he stop the daily tragedies around the world. He doesn't move in mysterious ways. He doesn't move at all as he is not there, anywhere.

There, how does an atheist rant sound to you lot? Trouble is everything I say has proof, evidence. Of God there is nothing since the dawn of time. Patience is needed apparently.

Ohcalcuta has by far the best advice. See a doctor and get real help you pay for not pray for.

Someone mentioned Satan. Oh, the ignorance. Read your own book, the Bible, as you clearly haven't.

Try Revelations where John says/writes this :

"The number of the beast is the number of a man and that number is 666."

How much clearer does he have to be? The Beast/devil,satan was a man. Thus dead already. The code 666 was said to mean Nero, the vicious Roman Emperor of John's time. I believe we know how he died. Dead Man, dead satan. All lies. It doesn't matter who 666 was. He was a MAN.
|

replied June 6th, 2012
feeling the same ... there is no god .... if god is there then probably he is blind and deaf !!!!
|

replied August 8th, 2012
God does exist. Keep searching and don't give up. Don't worry, I feel the same too. It's as if no one can relate to me. It feels so horrible because its like there's this whole world in my head that I truly am in and then there is rest of the world that I cannot comprehend.
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2012
Experienced User
God heard you even before you prayed, He does exist, your answer is on the way, I'm praying also.
|

replied September 15th, 2012
St Augustine wrote in The City of God p 479. "...the stranger in this world, the citizen of the city of God, predestined by grace, elected by grace, by grace a stranger below, and by grace a citizen above."
|

replied September 15th, 2012
St Augustine wrote in The City of God p 479. "...the stranger in this world, the citizen of the city of God, predestined by grace, elected by grace, by grace a stranger below, and by grace a citizen above."
|

User Profile
replied September 28th, 2012
Feelin the same...
Funny I was curious to see what Google had to say about, "Feeling like I don't belong in this world." i knew I'd find ALOT of ppl who feel the same way. But still, it bothers me that so many of us feel like we don't belong. Or that we are alone. We are most definitely not alone. But we feel lonely because it seems like everyone else is going about their business properly as Society would have us live for it's own survival. Yet, here we are struggling to maintain sanity. Struggling to be decent and live decent lives. I have always, since a child, felt like I didn't belong here. I questioned everything to the point of getting into loads of trouble. Hated school to the point where I'd ditch and end up having to make up the work to pass in the end. I didn't see the point in learning and filling my head with lies as history books tend to do. I knew, without understanding the weight of 'knowing', everything about this "world" or society was a lie. I've gone through tremendous amounts of depression, none of the medications helped. They only masked my emotions which made me want to die even more. I'd wish every night that god, someone, would come rescue me from this world. I prayed to Death to come and embrace me. I tried taking my own life a few times and failed, obviously. ALL this because I hated living in this world. How could ppl be satisfied or happy in it while so many suffer. How can one enjoy a wonderful meal while next to them, an old man with newspaper wrapped round his feet is sitting and starving? Yes there are some heart of gold ppl who would share their meal with him, but there are a whole lot more who wouldn't. That makes me feel so sick to my stomach. It's a world covered in crap, with confection sugar and confetti sprinkled on top. Where nearly everyone Lies and unsung Heros Die. But where is home?
|

replied October 19th, 2012
I have been thinking a lot about this lately too. I think a lot of us feel out of place and that this is not our "home" for some reason. We feel disconnected and not at peace. My belief is that our souls were made for God and that he is our home. Ask Him to show you his spirit and peace. My hope is that we all can experience love and peace on this earth in some capacity. I believe that we were made for more and made to be complete in God. My advice would be to pray, ask God to show you who he really is and seek him for yourself. You could also spend some time outside in nature and get away from modern society for a little bit.
|

replied March 28th, 2013
GOD HERE

i have sent you to planet earth on a vacation
so enjoy...once the vacation is over
be assured of are reunion....

Meanwhile enjoy my creation, love and be loved.
cya...
|

replied January 18th, 2014
I also feel the same. I've always felt that way, even as a child. I never really felt like I belonged anywhere. I still don't. If it weren't for my kids, I probably wouldn't be here. Life seems to continually go on a downward spiral for me. Every day feels more useless than the next. It's sad to see so many others feel the same as me.
|