Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I feel detached and hate where I am in life.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I feel like as the years go by, I'm falling apart. I don't feel like I'm apart of this family I was born into. I have this urge to just pick up and leave but afraid to hurt the people that attach themselves too me. My only friend is the wide open space that, I occupied this world with. I prefer to be alone than spend a lifetime with someone I resent. My head and thinking always get the best of me, communicating with people isn't a problems. It's more like I don't wanna to talk to them about my problems. I'm not open to close people/family about anything I'm always withholding how I truly feel. I don't talk about emotions because it's a whole different level for them. The things that come out of my mouth would come off as being mean or bitter. (I call it hearing the blunt truth.) I have always felt no one gets me or where I come from. Yet, I understand other people better. I have this view point that is genuinely different from normal people. I understand there thinking and know exactly where there going with it, for this reason I have problems with therapist, counselors. I feed them information they wanna hear and I don't tell an once of truth of how I feel deep inside. Its feels like this **thing** is eating away at me and like I lost sense of some kinda spiritual belief. I could hear/read every possible solution as to what is wrong with me but plainly I won't get a damn about anyone's opinion. I just want someone to talk to about why I'm so resentful of having to live and the purpose of being here, I find it a lost purpose when someone mention church or god. There are time I do think about taking my life but I'm to much of a coward to even hurt myself. To who ever is reading this, it may sound like the writing of a derange person, but you tell me. I can only guess what others might think. I'm just a person completely lost and slowly losing my mind over what the heck is wrong with me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2013
I don't think i'll have very good advice but I do want you to know that everything you said I can completely relate to, so you're not alone.
|

replied February 22nd, 2013
me 2 ,daily ,i hate the way i am and causes me many probs .
|