Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

i feel as if im starting to lose my emotions.

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I'm 17 and i have just been having these thoughts of why stay alive like i have nothing to live for and nothing matters like i feel if i died right now it would be the greatest thing that has ver happend to me and its not like anything has really caused this like i feel as if im starting to lose my emotions just having thoughts of dieing and the sad part is that it doesnt bother me idk if this is just a phase in my life but i feel almost positive it would be best just to die. i dont know what this means.and i havent always been like this im usally really happy one of the happiest people a person could know but everything has just turned around. -NTL4
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2012
Experienced User
It does bother you, big time. Else you wouldn't write here.

At 17 you haven't even begun to live yet so how can you possibly decide it's pointless. Get back into your life, interact, go see a doc and let your future flourish as at this stage you can still be whatever you want to be, within limits. You can't be Superman as the job is filled.

Try doing some different things and I don't mean drugs or alcohol.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply