Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I feel alone, I can't find love and I am depressed

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi people

My name is Chris, I am 27 years old. I feel so alone, I have no friends I just spend most of my time with my cousin, but I can't be with him every time i need to be with somebody because he has his own life as well. I try to talk to him that i suffer from public anxiety and i need to be with someone or at least talk with someone but he can't understand.

Besides, friends my real disappointed is that i never had a relationship with a girl, all my life so far i never heard at least once the phrase "I love you". I really don't know where i will look for and how I flirt with girls, suffering from public anxiety it makes it so hard.

On weekdays the feeling of loneliness is not so bad because I am at work, at night I take some courses at the university (I study Master in Media) around 10 pm I go home I have dinner and I sleep for the day. The problem of loneliness is so strong at weekends because I spend many hours at home. I am also want to die because my life is pointless, I suffer too much because of this.

The problem becomes worst and worst by the time that past. I have been to the therapist but she didn't help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper christos84
|

replied March 17th, 2012
If you have problems with strangers, and you need a girlfriend, then some things you want to aviod clubs and online dating places. See if your cousin might take you and some of his friends (mostly girls) to a movie, or lunch, or something else casual where you can all easily talk, become friends, and learn about each other. Don't do anything intense, but just a nice way to meet people. (:
|

replied March 25th, 2012
thank you ktdog for replying.

But the thing is I can't go meet some girls with my cousin because he likes to date girls at the age of 14 to 17 and he is 24 I ask him many times but nothing work out.

anyhow, I still see a therapist and hopefully at the end things will end out good.
|

replied August 30th, 2013
So how are things working out?
|