Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

I Dont Know How I Am Feeling/ How To Feel??

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi
Im not sure what it is or quite how to describe it so any help would be amazing...

Im 16 maybe suffering from depression...

Sometimes i get really emotionally confused, im not entirely sure how im feeling or how i should be feeling.
it like my insides are swirling different emotions and my brain cant quite pick out the right one...
i feel like a robot or something, and this can last for hours...
i feel angry sad, vengeful, happy, just everything, all at the same time wich kind of makes me numb and confused...

if anyone has any ideas or views or help on any of this (im sorry its confussing Sad ) i would appreciate it Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper 2thshiner32
|

replied June 18th, 2011
Hi ~ first of all, have you talked to your parents or caregivers about this at all? I am 42 yrs old but can remember feeling this way when I was a teenager many times. It wasn't until I started talking to my highschool psychology teacher and he suggested that I see a counselor that I started to feel better. It didn't make the feelings go away but the more I understood the reasons I might be feeling this way the easier it was for me to deal with it. The counselor taught me ways to cope and in my case and I stress IN MY CASE (because everyone is different) it was depression and anxiety. I did end up needing medication eventually but I did go through years of counseling before she suggested medication. My counselor explained to me that their was a chemical in my brain called Seratonin that didn't work properly just like people with diabetes whose bodies don't regulate insulin properly. This seratonin is what keeps our emotions balanced. The seratonin didn't do that in my brain well enough so the medication helped. And it helped me ALOT! I was able to get married and have children which is something that I never thought I would be able to do because I was such an emotional wreck! Now, hormones play a big part in emotions as well so try and keep track of how you are feeling around the time of your period too. I know my emotions run high before and after my period even on medication. Oh and I used to journal alot when I was younger as well and that really helped me get my thoughts out of my head! I highly suggest that!! Please talk to someone about this though! Don't keep it in! Find a counselor at school or even your psychology teacher! Your doctor! You would be surprised how many people are going through the same thing as you and there is help out there! I went on to feel a whole lot better! Hang in there and get some help! I will be praying for you! (prayer helps too ") )
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank 2thshiner32 for this post: Nirvana41  samantha1927 
Quick Reply