Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

I don't want to eat anymore!

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Hello,
I'd like to start by saying thanks to you all for taking your time to read this.

I am not quite sure what I have or if I have an actual problem at all. Basically what happens is I get really hungry and then when I cook some food and put it in front of me and go to eat I feel full and sick and I don't want to eat anymore even though I can still feel the hunger.

When I go to sleep or lay down I get this burning, lumpy feeling in my throat and it really hurts, help please? As is have said, I don't know what I have but i am starving 24/7, please help me.

Once again thanks for taking your time to read this,

GoingUnder.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi GoingUnder and welcome to ehealth: Have you always been like this or is this a new thing?...If it is new is something bothering you that you have no appetite?...If nothing is bothering you I would suggest that you get some help...Talk to your local hospital to see if they have an Eating Disorder group...There are many places to help this problem....I hope this helps...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied February 28th, 2011
It's a new thing and you said "bothering me" look under the forums section of "depression" this might explain it although I'm not sure. Thanks forbyour advice + time as well.
|

replied March 2nd, 2011
If you hungry and you don’t want to eat anything then you can take juice and salad and fruit. You need a doctor........Please go and concerned with the doctor.
|

replied October 13th, 2011
Maybe you have too much acid in your belly and it coming up and irritating your throat and making you feel sick
|

replied March 9th, 2012
Hey guyz, erm I no this is on someone else's question but I just wanted to ask for a little bit of advice,plz? Ever since the beginning of the school year I have felt fat and horrible x I have found at the moment that I actually don't want to eat anything x but the problem is my parents and our family have a meal together every night x I can't skip meals coz I have packed lunch and she checks my packed lunch when i wash up every day x I have to have breakfast coz my mum always checks that I do x Plz help me!!! I really don't want to eat anything x is there a way to trick my mum that I have eaten??????
Thnx xx
|

replied August 26th, 2012
^ Hey, how are things going for the moment? Sorry nobody has replied yet. If you want to loose weight you can healthily Smile It's not healthy and can be dangerous the way you wish t do so - i.e skipping meals. And everybody is different - you should be happy to show other that you 'think' you have curves - i am and i used to have a problem with my self esteem and eating too. Just do exercise like dancing/ walking/ join a sports team etc... and it's fun and you'll loose weight safely. And eat healthy meals 3 times a day with 2 snacks. You can even look onloine there are plenty of ideas and write them down or print them and take out ingredients you want and those you don't & keep it in a box to feel like you have control over what you are eating.

Hope to hear from you.
Take care of yourself please!!!!
xxxx
|

replied October 9th, 2012
Not eating
I was wondering this has been going on for a long time now especially since I found out that I am allergic to all dairy and whey. I try to eat foods I can but I look at the food and do not want it. Do I have an eating issue People say I do but I do not think I do. I go several days without eating and when I do eat I only eat a couple of bites and my stomach hurts but yet I do not get sick Hole me I need help from Very scared
|

replied October 23rd, 2012
Can't Eat...
I don't have any answers for anyone but cannot eat myself. I am perfect weight and have a good metabolism. So...if I eat, it goes right through me in about 45 minutes. Food doesn't even taste good at all. I know depression is a reason but how can I urge myself to enjoy food? I love to cook but by the time I'm done cooking, I don't want to eat. Anyone out there experiencing the same thing?
|

replied November 13th, 2012
No desire to eat
I am experiencing the exact same situation right now and it seems that it is fairly common yet not considered an "Eating Disorder". I do get midly hungry but the second i try to eat something I have absolutely no desire to do so. Food doesn't taste good and it makes me nauseous just trying to eat a portion of the food. This has been going on for a couple years now but has become a bigger issue now than it was. I'm 5"7 and 24 years old, this is something I have been dealing with, while not at the same time, since I was 16. All the responses that seem to be appearing are to talk to your doctor, I don't have one and haven't for years as I have been on my own since I was 18 and haven't gone to the dr for roughly two years prior to that. There is no way I'm going to the hospital or a walk-in-clinic for an answer. If anyone who has posted on this who has stated that they are going to a doctor or a clinic in regards to this, it would be greatly appreciated for my self (and everyone else I think) if you could let us know what they informed you of. Thank you very much to every one who is brave enough to share their situation and for those who are trying to help.
|

replied December 7th, 2012
My answers to an eating disorder
I have been fighting with an eating disorder for years, since I was 7, I am 19 now, I am 5'2 and weigh 93 lbs. And I have talked to many people, doctors and psychologists included and the best advice I can give is to find the root of the problem, such as mine was a case of trying to be better and reach my mothers standards. But the best way the doctor told me to work it out is set up and eating plan, just take it hour by hour. Sorry if that isn't much help but I guess everyone is different. Best of luck to anyone who is having troubles. Smile
|