Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I don't know how to ask for help... because i don't know whats w

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
I don't know how to ask for help... because i don't know whats wrong..
My mom and I never got along until i moved out.. shes been picking me up and taking me to work for the last week. I had a stress induced anxiety attack two weeks ago and I haven't been the same since. Shes forcing me into things i really know are good for me but my brain keeps fighting it (as it has my whole life)... "Ashlee, no one can do anything for you you cant do for yourself" .. "Ashlee, You're weak".. "Ashlee, You're faking it" I can remember multiple points in my life saying the words "i need help" Alone in my bed... "i need to seek counseling"... I just... i cant remember what happened that led me to those thoughts. Im so good at forgetting. but there's a part of me that blew up.. that still remembers.. that's still traumatized. I cant stop that part of me from crying and freaking out all the time and i can feel myself begining to blame it on the only people who are trying to help me. Idk how to stop this...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper LSsufferer
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2012
Experienced User
I saw in your other post that you're in therapy and on meds, that's not helping at all? Perhaps a different approach might be beneficial?

You might stop by therapyalternatives.org, they have some good information on additional things you can try, they even have separate sections on anxiety and other conditions.
|

User Profile
replied March 27th, 2012
Well i just started the counseling. I literally have met him once and talked on the phone once. I hope he can help.. i havent started the out patient yet.. and the dosage on my meds goes up next week. they tell me it takes 4 to 6 weeks to feel the difference.. I will check out the site. thank you very much for the information. anything helps right now - i just want this to be done with
|

replied March 30th, 2012
I hope you are feeling better. Stress is awful and I think just having someone on the end of a phone listening to you helps!! Seriously, services like the Samaritans are really good, and they ask nothing in return. This organisation isn't just for people who are desperate with life......
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2012
That you both. These are tools i .. would have never thought to look for.. admitting i have a problem is hard enough for me. I have to get over that
|