Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

i discovered a tiny little lump in my breast

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
User Profile
Ive already made a doctors appt. to check this out, but my names kelly and im 19 (turning 20 in a week). last night i discovered a tiny little lump in my breast, beneath my left nipple. its about the size of a cherry pit and its just about as hard. it doesnt hurt, but i think its sore right now because ive been feeling around and touching it since ive found it. my whole boob kind of hurts.. and im just freaking out because my aunt passed away from breast cancer in 2004. could it just be a hormonal thing? im on my menstrual cycle right now. and i take birth control (levora).

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2011
Breast Cancer Answer A23015
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The ‘lump’ that you describe and feel could be the normal lactiferous ducts that you feel under the nipple. You can also feel breast nodules or lumps in breast tissue during your period time due to hormonal changes. However a thorough examination done by your doctor/gynecologist will help to know if there is anything serious. It is difficult to comment on exact nature of the problem without examining you. Stop touching/stimulating it to have faster pain relief. If there is family history of breast cancer, then a screening mammogram would be recommended. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and management.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.