Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

i cut my arm to feel better

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
i get so annoyed at myself for having depression that i end up cutting my arm. i know it is not normal behaviour which makes me feel worse about it. i feel like i have to punish myself and it no longer hurts to cut my arm.
i know this isnt normal but i dont know what else to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 25th, 2012
Experienced User
im not trying to sound harsh here, but im guessing that you were diagnosed with depression. it seems to me as though you are trying to blame your self harm on the diagnosis you received.
|

replied January 26th, 2012
Experienced User
i do have depression but i have everything i could want in life, i just dont understand why i feel like this and get angry when i think that so many other people are worse of than me but are able to cope. and then i take the anger out on myself
|

User Profile
replied January 26th, 2012
Experienced User
those thoughts are very understandable, of not knowing why you do it. however, you need to reverse the negativity. these thoughts happen to the best sometimes, and it is good that you recognize what is goingon. i think you should consider finding "the root of the problem" for example, figure out your triggers, or in other words, what sets you off to think like this... i hope this helps! and im here if you need to talk...
|

replied February 6th, 2012
You should find something that makes you happy. Just one thing. It doesn't have to be anything big. Drawing, painting, pottery, it really doesn't matter. It just needs to be something that YOU like to do. You do it everyday. it should be seen as a stress relief. Something you look forward to doing everyday. It will help you cut less. You may not stop, but it does help, a lot.
|
Quick Reply