Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

I can't seem to get through this!

Two days ago, I got in a fight with the love of my life. I was really upset because he had blown me off to go to the movies and I ended up being third wheel. He didn't even apologize! The next day I told him that I was tired of the things he was doing to me and that if he wanted me to feel like an idiot, he got it. I also told him that I would let him go. He never replied to my text so I am assuming that he does not even care. I love him so much, though. We argue a lot but he always says that he loves me even though I can be a pain in the but, but who isn't?! He hasn't talked to me ever since and I want to talk to him. I miss him so much. It will kill me if he has moved on Sad What do I do?! Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 23rd, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi sg5 and welcome to ehealth: How long have you been going together?...Are you both young?...You say you argue alot, but is this because of you or because he, too, can be a pain in the butt?...

What do you do?...This depends on if you want to continue to be treated like a third wheel and stand for his behavior...IMO, he must either show that he cares or go...I think you are putting yourself in a rough spot...I also know how much a woman can love a man, but you must get this love back from him in order for it to be good...

I wish I could help, but all I can do is to speak what I know of life...I send you my best wishes...Take care...

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: sg5 

replied November 24th, 2011
Thank you Caroline.
We have been doing this for about 3 months but together since June. I am 18 and he is 19..I know that may seem young but I have never felt like this before. He can be a pain too. I know I am because sometimes I would try to talk to him while he is at work and he would get annoyed by that. The other day I told him that I wasn't his toy to play around him and he assured me that he wasn't seeing anyone else and that I was someone special to him. Then this happened and I don't know what to do. I want to tell him I'm sorry but is that begging him?
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Hi again: If you like him then tell him you are sorry...The problem with guys is that it takes a longer time for them to grow up and accept the same importance of a relationship then we women do...Years ago I recall a real neat guy I met when I turned 19....I was nuts about him..He was so cute and I fell hook, line and sinker...He was on leave from the Navy...We dated every night for a full week and on the last night of his leave he stood me up...Only guy who has ever done this to me in my life...I, too, was crushed...Within three weeks I got a letter from him from the base in San Diego...I didn't even know that he had taken down my address...In it he apologized for what he did and simply said if I wanted to write him that I could do so at this address...He also enclosed a picture of himself in a sailor uniform...Tore me apart...Told me if I didn't want to keep it to put it in front of a mouse hole and it would scare the mice away...Needless to say I immediately wrote him and he back to me....You see this young sailor who still had to learn to grow up into a man was to be my husband....He married me two years later...And we had been married for 53 years...

I guess what I am saying is not to give up the ship...Good guys are hard to find, but then again if you feel slighted, then voice your thoughts...You see I was the third wheel on the night he went out and got drunk with his buddies and whoever else they partied with....I guess this is all just part of growing up....

Good luck and enjoy life....We have had a ball and are more in love now than the day we met...Take care...

Caroline
|

I am really scared to say sorry. I don't want him to laugh at me especially because I said I was done with the way he was treating me. I hope he cares at least a bit and I wish he didn't have too much pride.
Thank you Caroline. Your story was very touching and helpful!
|
Tags: apologize, tired
Quick Reply