Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

i can't poop fr almost 1week. i'm freaking out.

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
i can't poop fr almost 1week. i'm freaking out. i don'd know what to do. i took biofit tea for almost 3 days but its still not working out...pls help me. what should i do. pls. pls. i don't want to go to a doc coz i'm scared.pls help me. tell me what to do.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2012
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A33680
Welcome to e health forum.

For the time being, you can try over the counter laxatives and stool softners to relieve your constipation. But for long term benefit lifestyle and dietary changes as suggested below should be undertaken.

Constipation in youngsters is due lack of proper eating habits ,having more junk and processed food, rather than freshly prepared whole foods, low intake of dietary fiber and inadequate amounts of fluids.

You might consider adding enough fiber in your diet. Vegetables with high-fiber content (peas, beans, apricots, prunes, peaches, pears, plums, spinach), fresh fruits, dried fruits, and whole wheat, bran, or oatmeal cereals are excellent sources of fiber. To reap the benefits of fiber, drink plenty of fluids to help pass the stool.

Include a lot of whole grain bread, corn bran, cereals, buns, muffins, bran flakes, whole wheat cereals, whole grain pasta, and brown rice in your daily diet.
Whole grains - help to enhance the digestive system.

Regular exercise (abdominal contraction exercises and leg raises) are also important in establishing regular normal bowel movements.

Follow healthy eating habits including eating at regular intervals and avoiding skipping of meals.

Taking time to have a bowel movement when you need to. Visit the toilet for 15 minutes in the morning, even if you are unable to have a bowel movement. This relaxes and stimulates your digestive system.

Following the measures suggested above might be very helpful to resolve your condition.

In case, the above measures are not helping, consulting a doctor for a examination and proper advice would be helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.