Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

I can't get over her

So I am a 16 year old male, and I have been trying to get over my ex for more than a month now and nothing works. Our relationship only went one for 3 months and we went way too fast. She told me she loved with in the first two weeks we were dating and I took it and said I loved her back. For the whole relationship I thought we were in love and we would get over any problem because I thought we were meant to be together,then one day out of the blue she told me that she didn't love me and it was the honeymoon phase that made her think she did. We tried to make it work, but after a week it proved too much for me and I broke up with her. Then I made that stupid decision and tried to get back with her after a week of breaking up with her. I wasted a month and ended up ruining any chance we had into getting back together. Now I am not talking to her because when ever I see her or better said when ever I think of anything that reminds me of her I get this terrible feeling on how much I wasted that part of my life and worse how I couldn't make things work out. I know that getting back together is impossible and it won't make me happy; however, I still wish we could be together. After all the lies she has told me and all the pain I went through I can't get her out of my head. I feel like a loser who can't move on and I feel like I will never get over her. How can I get over her?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2012
I do believe you are being too hard on yourself...was this your first relationship? these things take time, you are still young and have plenty of time to be in many more relationships and learn from each of them..you will find the girl you're meant to be when u least expect it..there is no sure way to get over someone but you can start with keeping yourself busy through hobbies whether it be playing sport, video games are whatever 16yr old teenage boys enjoy..don't rush to get into another relationship anytime soon though..jus focus on yourself for a while and friends normally help the transition so talk to them, hang out with them and enjoy being a teenager..

Good luck!
|

replied April 17th, 2012
You are not a loser and yes you miss her and all but it's gonna take sometime to get over her. Everyone in life has been through a break-up that has gotten the best of them but we all have to get over it and move on with life somehow. Take the time out to visit friends and do things that are fun and entertaining to you, not what she liked or both of you liked. Try enjoying life again and look at it and say she wasn't worth it. hope this helps at least a little, if not i'm still here to try and help.
|

replied April 18th, 2012
broken Hearted
HIthatoneguyyouveseen-

I am so sorry you are going through this. The first love is the one you will always remember, luckily as you grow older your version of things will change and you will remember only the good times.
Do you have someone to talk to about this? Mom Dad Grandparents brother sister any family r school counselor? these people have all been through this and know you best maybe you could talk with them about this?
You sound very mature and intelligent so I can say that this is the one of things in life..
Right now though, you must be kind to your self first. Remember relationships are between two people ans even the best relationships can be difficult.
Be happy and take pride in the fact you have a good, kind heart that can love so completely and will love again.
Everyone has been through this at least one or twice for the average human many times is the norm. Why do yo think there are so many sad love songs? They always sound good when your heart is aching, but sound like complete crap when your happy.. ahh the joys of life.

If you begin to become more sad, and the racing thoughts continue or you are thinking of getting lost or staying in bed for days PLEASE TALK TO SOMEONE FAST!!!
Sadness can sometimes become more than feeling blue and depression is not fun and can become serious.. Promise me you will talk to someone?
|
Quick Reply