Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I can't get my anxiety under control

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I have generalized anxiety, anxiety attacks, and PTSD. I was on this one medication that worked great for awhile but suddenly it stopped working so my psychiatrist had started putting me on all these other medications but none of them seem to be working. I feel sick all the time and eating just makes it worse. i feel the worst in the evening, starting around 6 or 7 to whenever i can fall asleep. i'm terrified of being sick so whenever i feel bad i start having anxiety attacks, and the attacks make me feel even worse and then feeling even worse increases my anxiety so it's like a never-ending cycle. i had a theory that if i had something to prevent nausea it'd solve the problem so i started taking an anti-nausea medication but i still feel sick after i take it so i don't know what else to do. i don't like that i'm taking all of these apparently useless medications but i'm afraid of what might happen if i stop taking them. i also feel dizzy and exhausted and get cramps all the time, even though i get enough sleep and take a multivitamin. i've gotten blood tests and MRIs and x-rays and gone to a gastrointestinal doctor and nothings showed up so it seems like this is all because of my anxiety. i've tried talking about this with my mother but she just gets angry at me and says my problem is fake, so does anyone have any ideas of any therapy i can do or any medication i can try? i want to have a normal life again but i just feel apathetic. i can't go anywhere or do anything exciting or fun with friends. i just want to stay in my house all the time to make sure nothing happens to me. i want my life back.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2012
Experienced User
My wife went through that anxiety->feeling sick->worse anxiety cycle for a while (about a month? I think). I was a really rough time, she vomited like half her body weight daily, I swear. Combination of decent meds (lamictal for mood balancing, klonopin for anxiety) and starting her over on bland food got her out of it.

What meds are you on currently? And what's the one the seemed to stop working? Med effects are so varied from one person to another, it often takes a while to get the right one(s). Are you taking your multivitamins with food? You only absorb like half of it if you don't.

And if your mother doesn't believe you, maybe she needs to have a conversation with your doctor.
|

replied April 8th, 2012
the medication i took that worked well but stopped working was mirtazipine/remeron. i'm still taking it, along with odansetron and cardura (i've been taking this one for about a week so i'm not sure if it'll help yet). and yes, i'm taking my multivitamin with food. thank you so much for your help
|

replied April 7th, 2012
I struggled with that for years and might suggest my anxiety medication that may work which is clonazepam which is generic for clonapin. Hope this helps
|

replied April 10th, 2012
I struggled with the same for past 4 months. I am happy now and my anxiety is gone. I took Fludac and Revotril for 2 months and started doing yoga and exercise daily morning. Also I started drinking grape juice to stop my heart palpitation. Try doing deep breathing exercise daily for 15 minutes and after that start meditation for 15 mins, while doing try to focus on blank mind and slowly try to see the picture which make you smile like your wife, kid anything. This will take your mind away from the panic and anxiety.
Now decide a date when you want to give up the medicine and try to convince your mind that you are ok.
Dude believe me if you avoid people or friends then you are gone. So i started visiting my friends having chat playing games etc. I am sure you will recover from it. If not then let me know. I will help you. I know many people will not understanding this problem but since I have gone through all these I know the pain.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Anxiety drains your mental energy, keeps you from sleeping and unwinding, and wears your body out. Once anxiety becomes a part of your life it becomes a freaking nightmare to get out of!
|