Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

I can't breathe while trying to fall asleep.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I don't know why this is, but for the past month or so, I've been having trouble falling asleep, periodically, because it becomes hard to breathe. During the day I am fine and it is only at night, when I lay down, I start the breathe in, but I can't feel enough air coming in and I hear a whistling noise. I am 18 years old and I've never smoked. I recently had a blood test done, and everything seemed fine. I am not overweight and don't have any problems that I know of. It doesn't happen everyday, but it's been happening a lot lately. Once I get up out of bed, I can still hear the whistling noise, but breathing becomes a bit noiser. Does anybody know what this could be?
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 30th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?