Medical Questions > Mental Health > Addiction, Recovery Forum

I am suffering depression, anxiety & alcoholism

Must Read
Learn the basics about mental disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a mental health condition. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for mental conditions....
I am 26 years old and have been through a lot since my teenage years. I suffer depression, anxiety, alcoholism, and addictions. I am currently on a waiting list to recieve residential treatment for all of the above problems. There is one problem that I desperately need professional advice that just cant wait. I have been with my boyfriend off and on for three years. The relatoinship has been very rocky. All types of abuse have been involved. They cyle would go like this.. we get drunk, he call me a name or become controlling, I become argumentitive, then physical abuse would occur. Most abuse has stopped, except the frequent reoccurance of him calling me names, yelling at me, bringing up mistakes I have made and bad habits, and always telling me I am never going to change. As you can imagine I become very hurt and depressed. Him and I love each other very much and I don't know what to do. He has been there for me through a lot, but I know it is not ok to be treated bad when he says mean things to me.It has become impossibe to communicate with him anymore. Is this relationship worth staying in? Can it be fixed? And if so, how? I am really hopeful that this treatment I have chosen to take part in help me with all my addiction and mental problems. I really want him to be there for me. But I am unsure that if even I change, will he? The last thing I want is for anyone to traumatize my treatment. If there is anyone who can relate or has any advice for me.. Please help. Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2012
I was browsing this site and I must say...I feel for you. You need to leave him. Find someone who won't treat you that way. It sounds cliche' but it's true. You're young....there will be someone else. You said, "we get drunk". Is he forcing you to drink? Girl...get on with your life. Have you gotten the treatment you needed yet?
|

replied March 3rd, 2012
Experienced User
Depression, anxiety may also the main symptoms of alcoholism or alcohol addiction. I am a health care expert and will always suggest you to avoid taking drinks or alcohol which will directly affects on our mind.
|