Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

I am bleeding 1 to 2 weeks before my period actually occurs.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
Hi, I am 26, and came off cilest in Jan 2011 as my husband and I are trying to conceive. I have been on pill since I was 17. I have had a period every month since coming off my pill, however I have noticed that I am bleeding 1 to 2 weeks before my period actually occurs. I have spotting about 7-12 days before my "actual" period. The spotting is reddish brown and occurs mostly on wiping. My period, although I have painful cramps, is very light and lasts only 3 days. I think I have a 30 day cycle. I did notice this month I was very emotional whereby I was nearly in tears many days (not something that has effected me before). I'm not sure whether this bleeding before my period is something to get checked out or if this is normal. I don't want to waste anyones time but is making me worry. Can you please help? Thanks!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A24972
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The midcycle bleeding/spotting could be due to ovulation. Calculate your probable ovulation days and see if this corresponds to your most fertile days. Some women tend to have bleeding and abdominal cramps during ovulation time. You can also consider getting a thorough check done by your gynecologist/obstetrician to rule out any other serious issues. If you are not successful with your pregnancy plans in next 3-6 months, consider getting a complete infertility work-up done for you and your partner to see if there are any underlying causes for the infertility/inability to conceive. Hormonal issues, problems involving ovaries and ovulation, uterine problems, cervical or vaginal infections should be ruled out for you. For your partner, semen analysis should be done to rule out infections and to confirm the quality and quantity of sperms produced. Treatment as needed (based on examination and investigations results) would be started to help you get pregnant.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.