Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Hypercondriac!!!???

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Iv just been researching on the internet about hypercondriac....I think I have it!! I suffer from chronic headches due to anxiety.....I always think the worse about them like im going to die....or that its a barin tumour!! even if i get pain in other parts of my body I instently think im dying...its runing my life coz i worry all the time especially at work or when im out in public!! my headches come and go...one minute there really bad and feel like sharp pains...the next its gone!!!! I dont know what to do....does anyine know howw to STOP these stupid things.....!!!??? Iv applied to go into the poiice and im worried these are going to effect me!!!

Please Can Anyone Help???????

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2010
Supporter
Could you explain what you mean when you said you applied to go to the police. Anxiety is a symptom, not a diagnosis. First you need to see a doctor, tell them about your symptoms, have him do blood work not just the simple things, make sure he/she checks things like you thyroid function, vitamin deficiencies, diabetes, liver function etc. Fast before your blood tests otherwise it will not be accurate. If the tests all come back normal, keep searching, perhaps go see a psychologist, an endocrinologist. Try not to assume the worst, we all have some degree of many symptoms. worrying will only exasperate your symptoms. Until you get a diagnosis their is no need to worry. Just go see a doctor. If one doctor doesnt take you seriously see another one until you find one who will take you seriously. do not go to the ER unless you are having severe chest pains, with shortness of breath, pounding heart, uncontrollable sweating etc. ERs are only their to make sure you are not suffering from something that could cause serious problems, like a heart attack, or appendisitis, a bowel obstruction, etc. always find a regular doctor who you can establish a relationship with, and then you can feel at ease because they will prescribe tests until they find out the problem.
|

replied July 24th, 2012
whats wrong with me
idk what to do im always thinking im dying if my heart rates to fast or if my stomach looks weird when im breathing i cant take a normal deep breath what do i do? i have been diagnosed with hyperthyroid like 4 years ago... Sad if i take certain medicine illegal or legal i freak out and immediately think im dying if i get too hot or chest pains short breath dialated pupil heat flashes etc...HELP
|

replied April 8th, 2014
Im the same im at the end of my tether now sick of feeling like this
|