Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

husband goes limp during intercourse

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
My husband and I have been together for 41 years. We always have had sex daily at least 2 times a day. The last couple of months, there have been times he is just too tired at night when we go to bed so it has been once a day. 5 days ago, he started going limp during the middle of sex and could not finish. He still pleasures me orally, but he has been unable to finish. He says he is enjoying it and it feels good, then he mind just stops, it doesn't go to anything else. Yesterday morning, while I was on the computer, he came over and I started sucking him, it looked good, so I kept going and he was able to finish. Last night and early this morning, it was firm and we started and it just went limp and he could not finish.
He is not under any more stress than usual, has a good weight, exercises regularly, cholesterol, sugar etc tests are all good (he gets an annual check) and it doesn't seem to be physical. Could it just be stress building up or maybe is he just loosing interest in me after all these years. Should I be worried about another woman? I don't see what all he is doing on his computer.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sunshine355
|

replied February 2nd, 2011
You two must be about your 70 and dryness and looseness
You have been married for 41 years. Not bad for him twice a day. He and you must be about 70 years old. He can finish on Oral, but he can not finish on vagina penetration. That is normal. Most of the women at your age will experience dry vagina and looseness. Men at his age can not finish is normal. Most likely is a combination of your problem and his problem (aging). More on your side.
|

I forgot to add, he does not take any medications and only takes vitamins, coq10 and omega 3 over the counter. We eat a healthy diet, no smoking, 2-3 beers a day.
|

no, we are 57, been together since high school. No problems with natural lubrication. He had no trouble at all until 5 days ago doing it 2 times a day and maybe some fun play other times without going for an orgasm.
|

replied January 20th, 2013
Well not for nothing I'm only 30 and have the same issue your mister does. I'm good for oral action or even a hand job. However, 30 - 40 min into intercourse my noodle is cooked. takes another 30 minutes and he'll be at full mast again. But no happy endings for me. I still enjoy sex but my partners end up frustrated because i ring their bell but they have a hard time doing the same for me. It has cost me a few relationships due to their frustration. Suprisingly most women complain that they never finish and stay with a man for decades. Irony I love it.

One factor that makes it worse for me is that now that I am single again. wearing a condum, it's even harder to reach the big O.

I have to say I prefered when I could only last 30 seconds and had to finish off my partner with other methods.
|

replied January 24th, 2013
Experienced User
BEWARE...THERE ARE PERSON/S ON THIS THREAD WHO HAVE SENT IN A POSTING...THIS POSTING IS IN FACT A SLY HIDDEN ADD TO HELP FLOG A PRODUCT..THE CLAIMS ARE TOTAL B/S
|