Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

hurts knee is stiff

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
I tripped and fell hard (falling forward) a week ago today. My left knee was INCREDIBLY hurt. Oddly enough, though, I've had NO swelling, bruising, or discoloration of any kind. It IS getting better (no, I wasn't seen at the doc).

The "pain" at first was such that I couldn't fully extend my knee straight, nor could I bend it. As of now, 7 days, I can walk on it, I can mostly straighten it out, and if I do so slowly, can ALMOST bend it fully (like if I bent down to pick up something off the floor). The pain which WAS mostly on the outer side of my knee, seems to now be more on the backside of my knee.

Is it a "good sign" that there's healing going on because the pain isn't as bad? It still feels very stiff. If I keep it straight, bending it hurts, and vice versa.

Well, that's it. I'm a busy mom, and student....who took a very hard fall with instant pain. I'm trying to "wait this out." It's "manageabe pain." So, I'm inclined to think it will improve with time. True? Advice anyone?

Never had knee issues before, by the way......
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply