Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Insect Bites Forum

hurting as if there was a burn?

Must Read
Insect bites can be difficult to identify. Learn why the body reacts to insect bites, and which types of insects cause which kinds of illnesses here....
Were you bitten by a stinging or biting or bloodsucking insect? We review the most common bites humans get, plus info on who is most at risk of insect bites....
What are some of the signs of a serious insect bite? When do you need help? Learn to identify types of insect bites and know when they are serious....
User Profile
I woke up today and I noticed that my finger was hurting as if there was a burn on it? Its swollen,and I cannot seem to find any kind of bite on it? I do have to mention that yesterday my boyfriend and I went bike riding and hiking to the mountains would that have anything to do with what might have causes this?? Because yesterday right after I got home everything was perfectly fine beside the big sunburn I got from the hike..

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2011
Insect Bites Answer A22266
Hello and welcome to E HEALTH FORUM.

The swelling could be either due to a unknown insect bite or could be due to soft tissue trauma.

The best way to determine the cause would be to consult a doctor who can examine it and treat it accordingly.

In the mean time, apply some icepacks and take some ibuprofen to control the pain.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Insect Bites , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.