Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Hungry but can't eat, gets full fast

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Nothing wrong with my bowels tho. I am very stressed,(mad,sad, maybe depressed) but I sometimes try to ignore it because i have to keep moving in my life. I feel like doing nothing. going off of practically no sleep, for I hear my heart beat in my ears im so upset all night. and finally sleeping all day for almost two days (waking up some as well) today i thought my appetite would come back. and not really thinking about my problems, im still hungry but nothing sounds good. I hate all my favorite foods, and have eaten some foods I would never eat. My depo is ending this week i am not taking it agian, because i feel bloated, and i have been bleeding regular for 2 months, so im more stressed out!(also getting a little bigger were my uterus is,I have a flat tummy so i notice very quickly, but im not eating,but also not like im being lazy either, so I don't get how i gained weight there) Lately I ate a handfull of chips and water and I was so full and felt no hunger for a long time, I walk everywhere, i walk to my college, so its not like im getting no exercise. I eat a meal A day that is VERY VERY much not like me!!! usually I either snack all day lightly, I love to work out,run. or eat good meals. HELP please, I love food, when should I get some help? untill I start fainting? I don't wanna wait then, sound like something i don't wanna do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum.

It is possible that Depoprovera induced bloating and stomach upset might be the cause of your issues. Other possible causes can be due to being overstressed, Indigestion, Irregular dietary habits, eating foods that cause excessive gas production and anxiety disorders.

In general, foods with little fiber produce very little gas. First and foremost, you need to avoid foods that make your symptoms increase. Adopting a healthy dietary practices and a good exercise regimen will also improve your intestinal motility.

Some tips to help your symptoms include:-
1. Reducing intake of hot spicy and Fat rich foods, fried foods, is very important.
2. Try eating a little more slowly. When you eat fast, you swallow extra air with your food. Try to not talk while eating. Extra air while eating can lead to belching and gas production.
3. Eating at the same time each day and eating smaller meals more frequently may be beneficial as well.
4. Try to eat a balanced diet. Foods with high fiber may initially increase gas production. However, the this will decrease over time.
5. It is better not to drink fluids with your food. Drinking fluids with meals can increase your air intake and increase gas.
6. Avoid major gas producing foods like -
- Vegetables: Onions, Celery, Carrots, Brussels Sprouts, Cucumber, Cabbage,Cauliflower, Radishes , potatoes and eggplant.
- Beans, peas, Green salads, brown rice and leeks
- Fruits like - Raisins, Bananas, Apricots, Prunes, dried fruit
- Carbohydrates rich foods like - Bagels, Wheat Germ, Pretzels

In addition to the above tips, taking probiotic supplements and activated charcoal tablets (Charcoal, Charcocaps), will help in relieving your symptoms to a certain extent.

In case, if your symptoms are not improved by the above measures, you might consult with your doctor for a examination and proper treatment.

|

replied March 31st, 2012
Nice Information about digestive problem and As it's treatment too... But, I think somehow it starts from oral process. Whereas, I know! It is due to less churning of eatables as well so we should eat properly and should Clean our teeth to prevent from oral diseases...
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.