Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Hungry A Lot. Always Feel Like Eating.

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I get hungry very easily, and it is an intense hunger. I can easily gobble down lots of food. I often get hungry in the morning, at noon time, afternoon, late afternoon, and late at night (if I'm still up). My hunger can be so intense sometimes that I might feel sick, and my hands and legs might fill weak. Somwtimes If I smell good food being cooked I will feel sick with hunger. I have gained 10 pounds in one month, and even though I'm not overweight I will be If I can't stop eating.
Also, I never feel full, I have to make myself stop eating.

I do exercise, but it makes me hungrier afterward. I've tried drinking heavy amounts of water, but that does nothing to stop my hunger. The foods thaat I have the biggest appetite for are oils, fats, cheeses, meats, and salty foods.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 25th, 2012
Any Responses???

What could I do to not be so hungry?
|

replied June 25th, 2012
So, what disorder might I have?
|

replied July 2nd, 2012
always hungry
If it helps I have the same problems, well i don't get hungry like you, I have restricted many foods and I'm a vegan,and i too exercise every day, but I crave for fat and salty food and I'm always hungry, I guess we need to use protein a lot, it stays in the stomach more and digest slower so we feel full for longer time.
|

replied July 7th, 2012
Craving fatty foods tends to mean you need more natural fats in your diet. Like avocados, etc. If you crave salty things, be careful, but let yourself have a little something salty. Craving like that are there for a reason.
|

replied July 10th, 2012
Unless and until you are overweight, I highly doubt you need to stop this. You expend so many calories in doing exercise. Just nibble on things like cereal bars, energy bars, cereal and others, it's something in your body telling you that it needs something.
|

replied July 13th, 2012
I am very hungry all the time....Very Happy
how to stop it....??????
|