Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Huge curve in spine

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
User Profile
Well..this isn't for me.

My boyfriend puts his back out at least once a month but it has lately been happening more and more often. Three years ago it only happened three times in the first year.

He usually puts it out after coughing even slightly or he just wakes up that way.
i've got some pictures somewhere from a year ago...but this time his back is super curved and you don't have to be looking at him from the back or directly on his spine to see how his whole upper body is displaced. The lower half of his back/spine looks like this )but even more of a curve and the upper part of the spine is still straight.

What could this be? What can we do to alleviate his pain...advil....motrin and most hot/cold rubs or wraps have stopped working on the pain.

Going to the doctor is out of the question for at least the next two months while Alberta Health Care finally figure out how a Canadian born and albertan lifer had their number canceled.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 31st, 2010
Active User, very eHealthy
if the curve is a side ways curve then it is called scoliosis. how old is he if his shoulders are hunched over then its kyphosis if his lower back is curved from the front to the back then its excessive lordosis
|
Users who thank rollar64 for this post: Nellyz0 

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2011
Sorry I'm so late replying. He is 34 and it is his lower back curved to the side.
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2011
Nellyz0 wrote:
Sorry I'm so late replying. He is 34 and it is his lower back curved to the side.

But it only is curved after his back goes out. Beforehand his spine is straight bottom to top.
|