Medical Questions > Womens Health > Sexual Health - Women Forum

HPV Vaccine-Dose 3

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
I'm 27, Female- I have received the first two sets of the HPV vaccine (Guardasil, at walk-in immunization clinic), and was due in for the third set last week. I am unable to go in for the the third set until next week. Will the delay in receiving the third dose affect the effectiveness of the vaccine?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
ciao77,

A delay of a couple of weeks is not going to make a difference in the effectiveness of the vaccine. Now if you were several months off the schedule, that may make a difference, but even there it would not be too much.

Three doses (shots) are recommended over a six month period. The CDC recommends that the second dose be given one to two months after the first, and the third dose be given about six months after the first dose.

So, you should be okay getting your injection next week.

If you are concerned about it, discuss the situation with the provider who is giving you the injection. Good luck.
|

replied January 26th, 2012
Experienced User
Thanks for the info Smile
|
Quick Reply