Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

HPV outbreak ?

Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
User Profile
Hi,

Last summer I was diagnosed as having HPV genital warts. I got them frozen off, used Aldara cream and they went away and I haven't really noticed any issues for the last year or so. Yesterday I noticed what looked like a wart right at the entrance to my vagina. I put some tea tree oil on it to help heal it. Last night I noticed a couple more spots that looked like it did when I was first diagnosed last year. When I checked this morning I now have all these white spots just below the entrance of my vagina. It almost looks like discharge except it doesn't come off. Could this be another outbreak of HPV or is it something else? Did it turn white because of the tea tree oil?

Thank you so much.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2009
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A8341
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

HPV is human papilloma virus. It may cause changes on the epidermis of the skin or mucous causing warts. Some types of HPV may cause cancer of the cervix, vulva, vagina and anus in women and cancer of penis and anus in men. Most of the HIV infections in women are temporary. If the infection persists there is high risk of developing cervical precancer (lesions on the cervix), which can progress to invasive cervical cancer. This process usually takes 15–20 years. A cervical Papanicolaou (Pap) test is used to detect abnormal cells which may develop into cancer.

Given the data that you described it is likely that you experience outbreak of the HIV infection. Actually, the virus might have been incorporated in the skin before or during the rubbing with the cream that you have used. The cells that were infected than were probably in small amount to form visible wart before the cryotherapy but now have developed in visible warts. You may consider seeing gynecologist for further advice.

Please keep in mind that provide with medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your gynecologist for further advice and treatment options.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.