Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

How to tell ex-boyfriend I am seeing someone new?

I broke up with my bf 6 months ago and we haven't spoken for a while. He wants to meet in person just to catch up and talk and such. I have a feeling that he hasn't completely moved on. I want to be honest with him and tell him that I am seeing someone, but I don't know how best to do this? Is it a good idea to tell him? Should I tell him in person or through email/facebook etc.? I feel like he will get upset upon hearing this news because I think he thinks that there's a chance we could get back together. I have no intention of doing so. If I tell him that I am in another relationship he will surely have to come to terms with it and move on, right?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2012
Juz say you're seeing someone, tell the truth. or juz say that you dun wanna meet then he'll know that there isnt chance to get back the relationship. whatever you do, dont make him confused or dont make him think that there is a chance when there isnt.
|

replied June 17th, 2012
Experienced User
I agree with SheOnEarth's post. If you weren't good friends with your ex to begin with then why would you even meet. It's just he's trying to give you space so the both of you can think and feel things out in hopes of getting back together.
|
Quick Reply