Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

How to stop menstrual bleeding temporarily?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi, i want to stop menstrual bleeding temporarily. My menstrual cycle has started and its day 2 for now. I want to stop my menstrual bleeding by day 3-4 because of festival, coz my inlaws are very strict. Please can someone advice me the possibilities to stop menstrual cycle temporarily.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
You can't stop your period.
|

replied October 7th, 2011
you can for a few hours by douching with ICE COLD water. Ever gone swimming and you stop bleeding for a bit? Same thing. But a few days? Asking for trouble. Once it starts, you cant STOP it, only put it on hold for a few hours. Everyone's body is different, what works for me, may not for u.
|

replied December 19th, 2011
What does strict in laws have to do with stopping your menstrual cycle did I miss something here? Are they so strict that they will not even allow you have natural functions out of your control? If so, run and run far!
|

replied December 19th, 2011
you cant really stop it, but you can delay it by drinking lots and lots of ice water and cold stuff, just make sure you dont take in too much....it may be painful afterward though =)
|