Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

How to stop beating myself up

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hey, I'm not sure if this is in the right section but I am finding life particularly tough at the moment and I don't really know why. I am 24 and have a loving family, some great friends, I'm fairly well-off and I have a job but I am not happy with my life and I am constantly beating myself up for not being a better person, and for not achieving more things.

I've always been fairly anxious in stressful situations but ever since I have worked in a call centre (for the last 2 years) I have become more and more anxious.

With girls I used to think I wasn't that attractive but that I quite liked my personality, so I had something going for me. Now I feel that I have nothing to give and that whatever I try to do will just go wrong.

In all aspects of my life I expect perfection from myself and I'm always dissapointed with myself. It is really geting me down and I feel like it has been ages since i had natural, unforced, fun. I feel like I need to get out of my current job but don't have the motivation as I feel like I will just fail at geting a new job. How do I get out of this cycle?
Did you find this post helpful?
|