Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

how to get men to stay once they relize you have bipolar?

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I can't seem to keep a man,they always leave me calling me crazy or i must be on drugs...neither true....HELP
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 28th, 2009
Experienced User
Well, with limited information,it is difficult to comment a lot. The first point is to ensure that you are properly diagnosed and treated. You must stabilize your own life before you can expect to maintain a healthy relationship with a significant other. Secondly, make sure that you are up front early in the relationship (I would not wear a T-shirt saying "I'm Bipolar" or anything but make sure that you are upfront with the gentleman and let them know what to expect). There are elements of bipolar that mimic drug abuse and if they don't know about the disorder, they may well think that you are using. Beyond that, every person has to make decisions in life for themselves. They may well be leaving because of their own insecurities... If that is the case, they are not what you need at this point in your life. Do what you can, be upfront and trust that the RIGHT person will come along FOR YOU. Best wishes on finding a meaningful relationship with a man who is willing and able to accept you (all of you) for who you really are.
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2009
Experienced User
I knew a guy with bi polar once ... he would go from happy and loving to violent and suicidal. Are you on correct medicine?
|
Quick Reply