Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Alzheimer Disease Forum

How to get a brain scan or other tests in the "preclinical

Must Read
Alzheimer's disease is a brain disorder that causes dementia. But what causes Alzheimers? What signs can you look for?...
Learn the most common signs and symptoms of the onset of Alzheimer Disease. We also discuss symptoms of dementia so you can know when to seek help. ...
Doctors can help determine the cause of memory loss or symptoms associated with Alzheimers. We outline the diagnostic protocol for AD and exams that are needed....
Hi,
My husband is 38. He is demonstrating slight memory and judgment lapses complicated by a hearing loss. His father and paternal grandfather both had Alzheimers disease (father was early-onset)

I am very concerned. I've read that if you can diagnose something in the preclinical years (before bad symptoms develop) you have a better shot of reversing or preventing some of the damage. But I don't know where I can get my husband a functional MRI scan or other diagnostic tests.

He is assured because his father is the only member of his extended family to have early onset form, but I am not reassured as one aunt died and we dont have information going back past 2 generations.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|