Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

How to eat after vomitting?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
User Profile
i am scared to eat after not being able to keep food down for about a dya, and i dont know how to eat properly now, what can i do?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2010
Eating Disorders Answer A13168
Hello.

You may need to get a thorough assessment for any gastric/intestinal problems. Please consult a general surgeon for your problems. There may be some obstruction at some level of the food passage. You may post the same question in appropriate forum if you wish to get more information.

Your present symptoms do not seem to be a part of an eating disorder.

Regards

(This post is for the purpose of providing medical information and is not a substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a doctor. This post is not intended to give or rule out a diagnosis, create a doctor-patient relationship or replace an existing one.)

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Eating Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.