Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Community Chat Forum

How to deal with pre-teens that just refuse to listen to you

Hello my name is Labennett Im a mother of troubled teens that think they know it all.I cant seem to get them to obey me so Im thinking next probation.Ive been so stressed because I really love them but not sure what move to make far as punishment for there behavior what should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 17th, 2012
Teen
If your teens are constantly on their phones and watching tv all the time, set locks on your tv's and disable their phones so that only you can call them. Also computers. These electronics should be a privelage and many teens today take these things for granted.
DO NOT argue with your kids. Keep calm, even when you feel like ripping your hair out! If you and your children constantly fight, your relationships will not be good. Build a motherly-friend relationship, but more motherly so they don't get confused about who makes the rules. You are their mother, but if you can't be open-minded your kids will not come to you for anything. Resulting in a very distant relationship. Your children will respect you, treat you better, and obey you if you have a better relationship.

Please do not make the mistake most parents make which is trying to buy your way into their hearts. Buying them things to make them happy will only result in a very bratty child. Hope I was of help! Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?