Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

How safe is to use duphaston?

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I am a 26 year old married woman and stays in dubai. My last MP was on May 11th, till now there is no period. I suppose either my ovulation is getting late or i dint ovulate at all, this month. I had some symptoms like tender breast and sore nipples. So the doctor did pregnancy blood test on July 2nd and found -ve for me.she prescribed, duphaston 10 mg tablets for 10 days. Now i heard that this particular tablet is banned in UK. Has anybody here used it before for irregular periods and got it rectified. Is this tablet helping ur system to ovulate?? So after having this tablet is my period expected in 14 days??some body please answer these...am really confused wether i shud take this tablet...Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile waiting4baby
|

replied November 4th, 2009
i am currently using duphaston for me to menstruate. it was ordered to me to take for 5 days. as per my ob, you will menstruate within 14 days after your last tablet.
|

replied May 18th, 2010
irreguler period
Hi doctor i am 30 years old un married girl. i have POLYCYSTIC OVARIES problem last 5 years (my periods are not regular)last year my doctor suggest me DAINE 35 i used this tablets 1 year .when i stopped the tablets again i miss my periods.Now i am using Duphaston 10mg tables 2 tablets in 1 day . i start the tablets 16 day to 25 days of my periods .please guide me i am unmarried girl may i use the duphaston 10mg tablets.

Thanks
|

replied August 4th, 2010
pcos
i got married before 5 months since then i m getting my periods late like 40 days cycle..i went to the doc and she has diagnosed that i m having PCOS and she gave me DUPHASTON 10 mg 2 tablets in 1 day from 5 to 25 days of my cycle....should i take this or not??
|

replied October 4th, 2010
Why my doctor advised me to use this tablet?
After my MP my doctor advised me to take this Tablet after 15th day of MP. Can U tell me for what purpose is this Tab.Duphaston used.
|

replied October 11th, 2010
duphaston
i am 26 . i didnt have reguler period . my doctore gave me duphaston . i want to know what is the duphaston and
if i use it it is harmful for another part of my body or not .
|

replied October 14th, 2010
hi doctor im 23 years old and married..my manstruations anre not regular so my family doctor suggested me to have duphaston..can u suggest me that i can have them..
|

replied April 13th, 2011
Same is my case. I am taking 2 tablets per day . They say it is to preserve pregrenancy. Iam worried if there will be side effects?
|

replied January 29th, 2012
my doctor ask me to take duphaston in 5 days , and i have to wait for 2weeks to have menstruation .First time in my life to missed my period after taking duphaston .. my question is Is duphaston can missed period ? or am i pregnant
|

replied January 31st, 2012
Well, You should really talk to your doctor about this, ask them the questions you want to know.. They're there to help you out with anything that may be bothering you Smile If I could help you out I would but you really should go to a professional about this. Best of luck and congrats on the baby!....Hopefull this will helpful for you..
|