Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

how many more weeks i need to wait for the sputum to be neg

User Profile
Hi

On May 19 my sputum test shows 4+ as per the doctor. after 2weeks of my anti TB drugs they did another sputum test last June 1 and surprisingly its 1+

Now my questions is how many more weeks i need to wait for the sputum to ne negative so they can issue fit to work certificate. Physically am fine only that of the sputum test it should be negative then i can do to normal routine

Pls give your honest answer.So am on my 3rd week of medication so far

Thanks ����

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2017
(online)
Tuberculosis Answer A61381
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. It takes a month for sputum smear to get negative provided antituberculous meds are susceptible other wise work up for MDR would be needed.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Tuberculosis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.