Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

how long will i be out of work after surgery?

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
Hi my name is Crystal, I just found out that i needed to have the carpal realease surgery. im only 24 and the nuro was suprised that i have carpal tunnel so early. Um i also have a ganglia cyst on the same hand and its my right dominant hand. getting th cyst removed will it take me longeer to recoop? I was wonder about how long will i be out of work after surgery.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi CrystalRose325 and welcome to ehealth....Each person heals in a different way...With the cyst it probably will add to the time for recovery...I would ask my Orthopedist what his/her timetable is for this surgery...Good luck...

Caroline
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied November 29th, 2013
Post carpel tunnel surgery
Hi my name is Suz and I just had carpel tunnel surgery on 11/21 with a removal of a ganglia cyst on the upper right foot, I see my doctor for a follow up exam on 12/4. I am in the health care field doing hands on work (I.e. bathing, cooking and cleaning). I'd like to know about how long recovery time before I can start using my hand to perform my work duties?
|