Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

How long will I be asleep under IV sedation?

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
I'm getting an abortion in a little over a week, and I was wondering how long i'll be asleep while i'm on IV sedation. I know i'll be asleep during the procedure, but how long will I sleep after that? Also, is your boyfriend allowed to come in the procedure room with you in a Florida Planned Parenthood clinic?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 23rd, 2011
The procedure is quick and they wake you up right after. About 10 minutes but they will give you the details beforehand. Not sure if your boyfriend will be allowed however. He may not want to go in. You will be asleep and in comfort.
|
Did you find this post helpful?