Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

how long to wait for another pregnancy

Hello

I had a still born @ 41weeks two months ago...can anyone tell me how long I should wait to fall pregant again...infact i planned already...is this a risk?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 24th, 2011
I am hoping someone will answer your question.
I lost my son on November 6, 2010 at 36 weeks due to a cord accident. My doctor told me to wait two cycles. I just passed my second cycle and am at ovulation time. We would like to start trying again. I have read conflicting things (two or three cycles). I don't want this to fall through. I feel healthy but, not sure if my body is healed.
Any answers would be great!
|

replied January 25th, 2011
My little angel Eli Cruz Jones 08/11/2010
Hi there.

Your baby was born 2days before mine...I was 41 weeks pregant with my first child and it was a boy...Due to hospital negligants he made his first stool inside of me and choked...

I'm from Cape Town South Africa and i attended a goverment hospital...I went into labour the morning of the 7th November 2010 and when i went to the hospital the first time they did a normal check up and his heartbeat was fine but i did not dialate enough and they sent me home...

After that i went up 4times and still the same news that his hearbeat was fine but i didnt open enough for them to keep me in...Eventually when I went the next day 08th Novemeber2010 @ 06h00 they kept me because they discovered that his heartbeat was decreasing and they transfered me to another Hospital via ambulance but i waited 2hours for them to collect me and there was no car to take me immediatley, SO I WAITED!!!!

I arrived at the hopital @ 09h00am, did their checkups,and checked on his heart beat and it was still there as I could hear it...They booked me for emergency C-Section and at that point I was excited because I'll meet my little one soon..

But then my nightmare started....@09h30 his heartbeat stopped and he passed on...I was angry and I couldnt understand...I gave birth @18h55 on the same day and he was perfect and the splitting image of me....

I am currently 8days late with my period and I only passed one cycle...I COULDNT WAIT ANY LONGER...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but please bare in mind that God does not give us a cross to heavy to carry and wish you all the best in the near future.

Love Amanda
|

replied January 25th, 2011
Amanda,
I'm so sorry about your little boy. It breaks my heart whenever I hear about our innocent little ones being taken from us.
I hope your receive positive results. I know we will never forget but a rainbow baby would help ease some of the pain and loneliness.
Good luck to you. I think is our month to start.
Sally
|

replied January 26th, 2011
Experienced User
hey does anyone know if it is it possible to bcome prggo after your period is over ? or must it happen while your on your period?
|

replied January 31st, 2011
Hi Alex11610

Just wants to share my good news with you...I'm pregnant again...took the test and it was possitive...I'm so happy God has blessed me and my husband...

Hope this is your month too..
|

replied January 31st, 2011
So happy for you. I am in my 2 week wait. I am trying not to get my hopes up but, it would be a wonderful blessing.
I know how excited you must be. How are your emotions? Keep me posted on how you are doing. I'll let you know how things are on my end.
Congratulations, again.
|

replied February 1st, 2011
Experienced User
im so haooy for youu Smile im sure you'll both make great parents as well. have you found out how far long you are?
|

Experienced User
hey does anyone know if it is it possible to bcome prggo the day after your period is over ? or whens the bst time to try & concieve?
|

The best time to conceive is while you are about to or are ovulating which occurs around cycle day 14 in a normal 28 day cycle (with the first day of your period being cycle day 1). Before you try to conceive, you should be checked out by a doctor and they can explain things to you.
Good luck!
|
Users who thank Alex11610 for this post: hisladylove 

Experienced User
to be honest i dont even know what it means to ovulate (lol) . i came off of my period about 6 days ago & i've been intimate the second to last day that my cyle was over and also the day AFTER my period was over , & everyday since then . could i have concieve?
|

replied February 19th, 2011
How Ovulation works
Absolutely!
I read up on all this before I became pregnant. This is what happens.

It's VERY unlikely you'll get pregnant from the sperm released inside you while you're on your period. Sperm will live in your system up to about 6 days... maybe? I guess they COULD live longer but the average sperm is about 6 days. The ONLY time (that I've been told, lol) that you will conceive is when that egg drops and the sperm and egg meet. When your egg drops is when you ovulate. Not everyone ovulates at the same time. I happen to ovulate about 12-14 days from the start of my last period but I have a very normal 28 day cycle. Some people don't have regular periods and some have shorter or longer cycles that is normal for them. The best thing to do is take an ovulation test starting on the 10th day after starting your period. If it's negative, keep taking one a day until it's positive. I don't know if you have a Dollar Tree where you live but you can buy the cheap ones there and it's the same ones they use at the docs office, including the pregnancy tests. Once you find out when you ovulate and you have fairly regular periods you should ovulate the same time every month give or take a day or 2.
Once the egg drops it stays alive for 24-48 hours. That is when you'll conceive if there is sperm in your system and it just happens to meet the egg. There is only a 25% chance you'll conceive even if timing and EVERYTHING is perfect. Also you'll have a better chance of conceiving when your cervical mucus is perfect. Cervical mucus is a discharge that looks about like a raw egg white. It'll feel super slick. That's what carried the sperm up the vagina and to the egg. When you are ovulating your cervical mucus should be at it's best. If you google Cervical mucus you'll find out what foods to eat and NOT eat to thicken and strengthen the mucus. One thing is to NOT take Ibuprofen. That supposedly dries up the mucus but you're not even supposed to take Ibuprofen while your pregnant either. I actually used Primrose oil tablets to cause my mucus to thicken and I guess it worked because I got pregnant. Although they recommend ONLY taking the week before ovulation and stopping during ovulation. You don't want to take it while pregnant. There's not really any evidence stating that it will cause harm but there's not any evidence it won't so it's better not to take that chance. And Please start on those prenatals WAY before you get pregnant. You should really take them at least a month if not 3 months before you conceive. If you are or THINK you are pregnant though go ahead and start on them. They are really good for you even if you're not pregnant.
I hope this info helps. Smile
|

replied February 20th, 2011
hello dear friends, me too I lost my baby one week before due date without reason.......It was also on nov 6, 2010....I understand you,,, how it could be...
me and my husband also want to trying again. I want to know should I get check-up u before getting pregnant or not? Thank toy very much for your answer
|
Quick Reply