Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

how long for a vaginal tear to stop bleeding?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
My husband and I had intercourse on Sunday night and I woke up on Monday to find I was bleeding (my period finished a week and a half ago). It has been bleeding ever since and it is a lot of blood, almost like that of a period. (I am 100% sure its not my period, the blood is bright red which is different from my period blood and my periods are always accompanied with a great deal of pain due to my pcos, and I have not had any pain with this bleeding).

It seems that I have a vaginal tear. My question is how long does it take for a vaginal tear to stop bleeding? (today is the 4th day of bleeding).

I am taking Augmentin (co-amoxiciav) to prevent any infection, and tranexamic acid to try and stop the bleeding. Also Sulphanilamide vaginal cream to help the area heel.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A24636
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Bleeding can be due to various reasons as ovarian cysts cause irregular bleeding or if the cyst has ruptured but that would have been accompanied by pain,others as Endometritis,cervicitis etc.The exact cause of the bleeding can be determined by pelvic examination and investigations as USG scan and Hormonal analysis would be helpful.
Consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation and kindly do not go for self medication without knowing the cause as it can complicate the problems.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.