Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

How long does it usually take to get the diagnoses of lupus?

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
I am a 29 year old, wife and mother of 3! I have lost about 55lbs in less than 6mths, I have terrible joint and muscle pain, headaches and now depression. My current doctor is blaming all the symptoms that I had first on the depression I am now having. I don't get why he doesn't understand that I think the depression is being caused by being in pain constantly and not being able to do the things I would normally do with my kids. Just getting ready for work in the morning is enough to make me want to go back to bed.... I have already had my hours cut at work because I just can't be on my feet for 8 hours anymore. If any of you have any ideas on how I can control some of the pain I would really appreciate it. The new doctor I am seeing thinks it may be lupus but will not start a treatment plan until he finds a positive test to prove it, this concerns me because I have heard that it can take years to actually test positive for lupus indicators? I really hope it doesn't take much longer I cant handle this anymore.
Did you find this post helpful?
|