Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

How long does it take to recover from masturbation effects

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
Hey,
I have been masturbating since I was 12. Now I am 18 and I've stopped it. I can feel a little pain in the back and weakening of legs and joints. How long would it take to recover? I plan to marry at 24. Will I be "all ok" by then If I follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Community Volunteer
There are no side effects from masturbation, and nothing to recover from. Whatever is causing your problem, it is not masturbation.

Masturbation is the natural and healthy way to manage your sexual urges. How are you planning on doing that between now and 24?

Rather set achievable goals for yourself if you think you masturbate too much. Like once or twice a day. You can slowly reduce the number of times, but just stopping altogether like it is a bad thing, is going to create it's own problems for you.
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2011
People do suffer from masturbation and thats fact. You can find millions of experiences and testimonies on internet. I think they all are not lying .
People are called conservatives and tagged religious for forbidding masturbation but fact that it can bring health hazards. Its bad for health if over practiced and it is over practiced most of times.
Like not all smokers don't get Lungs cancer and all Alcohol drinkers don't get liver failure, similarly not all masturbaters get harmful side effects but its dangerous since lot of people do face side effects. I am telling it becoz i have seen plenty of people suffering and myself had very bad experience .
So best thing is to avoid this lusty habit which give you nothing but pleasure of few minutes but can take Joys of life... Some times forever..
|

replied July 13th, 2011
Community Volunteer
h2o, it is clear from this and other posts that you have some real problems. I hope you take this seriously and get treatment soon.

Take care and best of luck.
|

replied April 4th, 2012
I have been ejaculating at least 5 times a day for the past 8 years. I was diagnosed with severe sciatica. Doctors believed this was caused by a herniated disc in my back, spinal stenosis and Degenerative disc disease. I knew that my excessive masturbation had something to do with why my pain was not improving over the 5 months I had it (sciatica) My severe pain was actually caused by excessive masturbation. It interferes with the Qi in our bodies (yin yang) I vowed to never ejaculate again. My sciatic pain was gone within 2 weeks, i had more energy and i just felt stronger overall. I had a clear head.
|

replied April 8th, 2012
"There are no side effects from masturbation, and nothing to recover from."

This is an utter lie disseminated by a campaign to disempower men.
|

replied January 11th, 2013
The above comment is 100% correct. masturbation takes away your drive, ambition and source of vitality. quit and pretty soon you will have the confidence and drive to meet girls that can satisfy you a hell of a lot more than you can.
|

replied June 13th, 2013
I masturbate 1-2 a day and want to do more but never have enough energy. How can i recover faster?
|

replied June 15th, 2013
Experienced User (online)
pmode, I donot know your age, but if you are young you should recover in 30 to 60 min. after ejaculation. 1 to 2 times a day is pretty good for what ever age.
|

replied July 14th, 2013
Believe me you have very bad effects of masturbation. I don't agree if people say you don't have any effects. I am 25 now and I used to masturbate since age of 16. One day me and my girl friend were in her apartment. And I had my 1st intercourse, believe me I did not feel anything. Every time I tried I had no sense. Each time I lost my erection.

Later when I checked with my friend who is doctor he said I lost sensitivity of my penis. As I am used to masturbation my penis got used to hard sensitivity. But truth is vagina is very soft and delicate. So it took me almost 2 months to get normal.
|

replied July 14th, 2013
Experienced User (online)
Masturbation might have been bad for you, but it is not bad for all males. I have been masturbating for over 57 years and I have had and still enjoy a very pleasurable sex/intercourse life. My wife and I have sex 2 to 3 times a week and I still masturbate 2 to 3 times weekly. I will say that, a cut penis glan requires hard sensitivity, but a uncut glan is more sensitive feeling in regards to a soft and delicate vagina.
|