Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

how long does it take for a yeast infection to go away?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
on wednesday i had sex, and it usually hurts me but then it's fine after. but thursday morning i was so sore i felt like crying. i searched all the symptoms of thrush and i suggested it was that. i bought canesten cream that comes with the tablet too. i started using it on saturday. the itchyness has gone, and it's just a little sore now. but it doesn't hurt as much when i wipe after i've been for a wee. is it getting better or not? i have to use the cream for 7 days.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Continue with the use of the medication if it is giving relief. If you are not getting desired relief, you should consider getting examined by your doctor/gynecologist and get vaginal swab/ smear test done to identify causative agent. Get started on appropriate treatment as indicated. Since you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection. Drink plenty of water.
Take care.

|

replied October 29th, 2011
yeast infection
after taking fluconazole, my yeast infection got worse and there is an overgrowth of dry skin that is resistant to all treatments........plz avoid taking fluconazole or anti-fungals for minor problems
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.