Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

how long does cramping last after taking 2nd abortion pill?

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
my girlfriend has taken the second abortion pill and she has really bad cramps does any one know how long the cramps should last for
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2009
if shes still on the first day then they can last through the morning, every one has different experiences. remind her to keep drinking water, water always seems to help with anything. i cant say that everythings ok but i had the pill just on saturday and its wednesday and im still getting mild cramps, and trying to figure out of this is normal. will let you know once i find out!
|

User Profile
replied June 25th, 2009
i had the worst cramps ever! it started about 40 minutes after- it was really intense cramps- i kept yelling and screaming at my fiance lol- but the really bad cramps went away after about 8 hours. then it was just mild cramps for the next two or three days.
the best thing while having the really intense cramps after taking the cytotec is to just try and keep her relaxed- lots of water and whatever beverage she really likes(by giving her something she likes it'll help calm her down, i love the yellow gatorade lol so i drank over a gallon of it haha) just keep her comfortable and have her lay down but keep her knnes bent up, that helped to take away some of the pain and pressure for me, take tylenol 3 (if they gave u a prescription) if not just take reg. tylenol, make sure she takes the promethasine, my cramps got so bad that i kept throwing up, try to make her comfortable so that she sleeps a little, and when the major cramps go away make sure she eats something light (once again something that she likes will help her mentally feel better- i ate a whole container of sherbert lol)
o and the reason the cramps are that bad after taking the second pill is because her cervix is dilating in order to expell the pregnancy.
i hope you found this useful.
and like i said to sarbear0000 on another post- bleeding can last for up to three weeks after- and my mild cramps stopped after three or four days.
best of luck.
|

replied March 19th, 2012
its now been 6 days since my second stage of abortion and I'm experiencing really bad cramps, I've been doubled over in pain today. the pain has been away the last few days and i thought the worst was over but today the cramps came back with a vengeance. i had sex 2 nights ago (against my better judgement) and I'm wondering if this has an effect, although yesterday i was fine! i'm really worried and ready to make an appointment with my doctor but if anyone has any useful advise, i'd be really grateful
|

replied December 18th, 2013
heyy...my gf is having a similar experience to you...What did you do??
|

replied June 21st, 2012
im very scared
Im having the pills tomorrow and im very scared! I dont know what to expect its my first time. What type of advice can you give me
|

replied May 26th, 2013
Medical abortion. (my experience)
I took the pill 4 days ago, when i took the first pill, i felt nothing, then i inserted the 4 pills, and i started to feel the cramps about 15 minutes later. Then after about a half hour to an hour, i was in so much pain, every 10 seconds i got the worst pain of my life, and ive had a baby before, and this pain was way worse than having a baby, and even after having her, this pain was worse. no matter how many pain pills i took, nothing would make it go away. This lasted for about 1 or 2 hours.
Now, its 4 days later, im still having really bad cramps, only when i stand up, when im laying down, its not too bad, but i really didnt bleed as much as i thought, but i was only 3 weeks in.
|

replied June 25th, 2013
Work?
Hey ladies.
I have my appointment to get the pills and start the process started at 11am this coming Saturday. I'm a CNA for a geriatric patient and have a 10 hour case on Sunday; will I still be in really bad pain on Sunday? She isn't hard and I'm sitting most of the day.
|

replied June 25th, 2013
right ladies im a lad and my girlfriend has recently taken the second abortion pill about 2 hours ago she wont move off the toilet and im really worried do i ring an ambulance ANY ADVICE IS GREAT!! ASAP please.
|

replied August 3rd, 2013
Just got done with my 2nd day! All I have to say is WOW. I was explained very well on each pill and decent time frames as well. One main thing of advise is to get thy Tylenol 3 prescription and take the ibuprofen! I took the ibuprofen but did not go fill out the Tylenol prescription because I have a decent pain tolerance and to be honest stopping somewhere else and waiting for it to be filled was the last thing I wanted to do. After taking the pills that induce contractions I immediately regretted not taking the Tylenol. Best thing to do is to try to relax even sleep through it if you can.. I spent my time in 5 minute hot baths (no soap!!), laying bundled up in the fetal position on the floor (it hurts!) and went to the toilet a few times. After about 6 hours of that it finally passed through (tmi to tell you how I know that) and the cramping and blood flow slowed immediately.. Now only to expect mild to moderate cramping and blood flow for the next few days. However if you feel the cramps are too bad or it's just not getting better after a day planned parenthood actually has 24 hour emergency lines to call and ask any questions about it that way you have a better idea of what's going on. Good luck and stay comfortable!
|

replied March 26th, 2014
I Got medical abortion before 2 months and period was regular but less than pervious periods but still now i am observing small small cramps. Can any one help me to find the solution.
|