Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

How long do I have to wait to have sex?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
User Profile
How long do I have to wait to have sex with my partner after we both have taken one dose of Fluconazole for yeast infections. He and I believe we have been passing it back and forth. We took the one pill today...how long do we wait?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2011
Yeast Infection Answer A20095
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Most drugs remain in body for about 72 hours. It will take some time to eradicate the infection. Consider abstaining from intercourse for atleast a week to make sure that both of you are treated. If the infection comes back again, then consider visiting your doctor for vaginal swab/culture test to identify causative agent and get adequately treated simultaneously.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.