Medical Questions > Cancer > Pancreatic Cancer Forum

how long can a person have pancreatic cancer?

Must Read
Learn pancreas basics here: we review anatomy, how cancer spreads and different types of pancreatic cancer in this short intro....
Do doctors know what causes pancreatic cancer? Here we review causes and risk factors that may increase the likelihood of developing cancer of the pancreas....
Cancer of the pancreas do not usually manifest symptoms in its early stages. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help for pancreatic cancer here....
how long can pancreatic cancerf take to kill a person? not from diagnosis but from when it starts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 16th, 2011
ScottieRoxie,

it all depends what type of pancreatic cancer the person has. There are many types. Typically from what I have read, if it is adenocarcinoma, the prognosis is not that long. I was diagnosed with islet cell neuroendocrine tumors....my prognosis is much longer. I am not a Dr. Just a patient....you can look at Pancan or look at John hopkins site on pancreatic cancers and you will be able to read up on different types and the prognosis of each type.

Anyway, if you or one of your loved ones have pancreatic cancer, best of luck and fight it hard with all you have.

God Bless you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply