Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

How do you get rid of an eraser burn

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
Ok I have been dealing with depression and I have been gettting help but I burned my self with a eraser I just wanted to know if any one else has done this and if you know how to get rid of it.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Ineedhelp07
|

replied April 9th, 2009
no sorry i am a self harmer but never with an eraser it will prob scar but try not to pick it and the scar will be less x
|

replied April 13th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks I have only done it a couple of times but it looks pretty nasty
|

replied April 13th, 2009
Experienced User
You could try something like Neosporin which will help in the healing and hopefully make the scar less noticeable.
|

replied April 17th, 2009
you dont. depending on how bad it is you could just ride it out but i wont guarantee that it wont scar. i have a scar from it. although it could go away after a couple of years like i said it all depends on how bad it is. dont dwell on it. im sure it could be worse
|

replied April 17th, 2009
Experienced User
Thanks yeah my 2 has scared over but my new one is really bad. and big
|

replied July 16th, 2010
mine just look like regular burn marks and since I toast bagels in the oven everyday I just lie and say they are from that. After one year all my scars are gone
|

replied July 29th, 2010
eraser burns.
i have fifteen scars from eraser burns, and i recommend mederma. when you first burn though, put on neosporin or another medicated cream. cover it so it won't get infected, and just let it heal. do not pick at it, then you are guaranteed a nasty scar.
|

replied August 3rd, 2010
Re: How do you get rid of an eraser burn
Sometimes I pick it off but it hurts :/ So yeah it looks nasty so don't think it makes it better the less u pick off the more it will heal (:
|

replied October 20th, 2010
vitamin e oils on eraser burns treat the scar and it will look very little after about 2 months.
|

replied November 1st, 2010
I did three. OIne on the bsck of my hand, one on the inside of my arm and one on the outside. I'm 14 and was told not to by many friends, but why should i listen?
Well it's called a sissy test. My wordd of advise for eraser burns is DON'T PICK THEM AND KEEP THEM OPEN AT NIGHT AND COVERED DURING THE DAY!
|

replied June 11th, 2011
i have 3 scars from eraser burns, and i done 2 more yesturday
|

replied January 7th, 2012
I did some on my legs not because of my sadness but because people couldn't see that I really was hurt. Sad my parents found out... They are soooo concerned about me and now I see how it didn't help anything. I never want to be reminded of it again but my scabs are taking too long to heal, plus I don't no how to earn my parents trust back and convince them that I'm truly done...help.
|

replied February 7th, 2012
Eraser Burns
Defintely dont pick because they will leave a NASTY scar. Trust me. I let my friend do one on my arm and I picked at the scab and it go ore infected and the scar got worse and now it's going to take forver to go away. Defintely keep covered during the day and at night let it air out but keep a medicated ointment on it. Also, some advice, don't give yourself Eraser Burns because they leave behind nasty evidence!
|

replied April 28th, 2012
got 63 burn they strt to feel really good...........my biggest scar is from my ring finger to my shoulder.. to get rid of scars put triple antibiotic ointment over scab then in about 35-40 min put an icecube over it till it moisten up ( ice to numb it) nd repeat it should go away alot faster
|

replied April 30th, 2012
the easiest way to get rid of then is too not pick at them and to use some sort of creme like triple antibiotic creme or neosporin.. i have done this so much and still do makes me feel good i guess.. but the more i do it the more i get chewed by my bf but idc.. ut do what i said i have like 10 right now.. :/
|

replied April 14th, 2013
read this please-selfharm&depression pray for health <>
Mark 5:5
Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

1 Corinthians 6:19
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,cant you see what your doing to yourself? body represents the temple of god. meaning god create you to be happy but no gohead and self harm gods creation put this in your minds that better apologize for the sins your commiting hurting your self .god died for our sins and your committing one just apologize and realize that god loves you for you not for the choas your committing in his temple which is and if your read ask your self why selfharm ? because your in depression theres always a way out depression pray so that god could cause that miricle in you for happiness god loves you in every way he died for you he sufered for you and he never left you.
Psalm 34:17-18
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. so make your desicion
|

replied November 15th, 2013
I do them all the time. I still have scars from when I was in 7th grade, and im in 10th grade now. It acually really depends on how much skin is gone or how deep you go. I do it when im mad. But you really shouldnt harm yourself.
|
Tags: Depression
Quick Reply