Medical Questions > Relationships > Ending a Relationship Forum

How do you break up

User Profile
I've been dating my bf for 2 years and he can be a real jerk sometimes but on occasion he can be sweet also. Lately I've been sort of straying away from him like I don't text him like i used to, i go home after school, etc. I've also met a guy in one of my classes he seems pretty nice and we've hit it off as friends but i think it could possibly be more and i know he likes me but he doesn't know i have a boyfriend. I know it's wrong but my bf is controlling constantly checking my text messages, telling me i cant hang out with friends, and i can't stand it anymore i love him but i cant be with him for the rest of my life. He lives by me, i depend on him to go to work and school, and my entire family loves him....how do i break off something that seems so good sometimes for a guy i barely know?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 14th, 2009
Hey,
He shouldn't be that controlling and yes its not right at all. Its like what you said that you don't see him in your future, so you will need to talk to him about your feelings. However for your own safety, he may get angry and you should have someone close by to get you if the situation becomes really uncomfortable if he gets really angry. Regardless of your family liking him, its really your decision and what you want. Do what you need to do, and tell him what you feel. Talk to him, and end it. Then you can pursue this guy you like by getting to know him better.
|
Users who thank jlai54 for this post: bbyjess1 

replied March 15th, 2009
If things were 'right' with this current bf of yours, most likely there would be no questioning! Smile
Good luck!
|
Users who thank foggyday for this post: bbyjess1 

replied March 15th, 2009
Leave him
I was just recently in your scenario. My ex was the exact same way, but worse. Just leave...because its not gonna get better unless he realizes he's treating you wrong and WANTS to change. And since your already into another guy, its pretty obvious you dont love your current boyfriend as much as you think you do. It doesnt matter if your family likes him or not...they are not a part of you and your boyfriends relationship. They will have to understand. You need to understand that you dont deserve to be treated like that, and you only deserve to be treated with respect and trust. Maybe you should try talking to your boyfriend about how you really feel, if you want to keep your relationship with him. Your right, your still young...dont trap yourself like I did to myself.
|
Users who thank lost_soul87 for this post: bbyjess1 

User Profile
replied March 16th, 2009
thankss
i'm taking all your advice lol not one person said i was wrong for thinking the way i am now. He doesn't respect me and I'm to young to be thinking about the rest of my life with a guy and even if i was I'm sure i wouldn't want him to be part of it. He's not a dangerous person tho he's never hit me or anything he jus gets to controlling with his "rules" and i don't need a 2nd father. so thanks for the advice, and sorry lostsoul for wateva problems you nd ur ex went thru im happy u made de rite choice.
|

replied March 16th, 2009
You are a smart girl/woman. Good luck to you:)
|

User Profile
replied May 19th, 2009
Supporter
be sure of what you want to do? your problem is a part of growing up. life isnt easy, nor is the answers!
if you seperate from him then your going to have to find another way to get to school & work. what were you doing before you met him? staying with him for those reasons is like using him in a way.
|
Quick Reply