Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

How do I get rid of chronic coughing?

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I have been told by doctors I have a chronic cough after 4 months of coughing and have been under a series of tests. I started out by going to the doctor and took z pack and that never worked. Then I got a chest x ray and blood test that showed nothing as well as taking things for acid reflux which never helped. Also cough medicine never did anything either. I recently went to a pulminologist that test me thoroughly but I am now worried. I cough frequently but it has never disturbed my sleep. It also increases when I exercise and I also feel like I get tired faster. With the pulminologist I got a breathing test that showed that my lungs were good, a sinus x ray that showed they were fine, and an allergy test that showed that I am allergic to many things including dogs, cats, grass, and molds. I do have a dog but I still don't get any better even when I am not around dogs. I was told the allergies probably contribute to it and I got 2 nasal sprays to take but they have not helped at all and I am getting really worried because I need this cured before track season which is in a couple weeks. He also said it might have damaged my vocal chords but I am not sure how to deal with it I need it gone. Any help or input is appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 2nd, 2012
This is the story of my life. Supprisinly there are quite a shocking amount of people who share this story. If you find a cure please share. I have resulted to trying others home remedies so far I have been unsuccessful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?