Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

how can i stop cutting myself?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
today, i was thinking about what has happened in my life like school problems and my dad, and i got so depressed that i started cutting myself. i totaly regret it now, but i keep doing it. i want to stop and i know that its wrong, but, is just the depression goes away and it helps so much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2009
Supporter
I understand exactly what you are going through. One thing that helped me stop was focusing in on the sound of the knife while I was cutting. It upset me so much that I swear I will never injure myself again. When you are hurting that bad inside, seek help, go to a therapist or psychiatrist and build your support team. If you are having problems with parents you can go to a counselor at school but you are probably off for the summer. If you can't stop you can put a rubber band around your arm and snap it whenever you feel like cutting. This is much safer. I am here and I've been there so feel free to contact me anytime you need to talk.

Wendy
|

replied June 24th, 2009
stopping is i feel one of the hardest things to do and even when you feel you let go theres still that part of you that alwayas wants it. i stopped for over a year and did it and i thought i was through. although its hard its not impossible. it is an addiction and just like drugs effects you for the rest of your life but als ojust like drugs if you really want to you can stop. i know it is easier said than done but you can do anything you put your mind to. my aunt and uncle always say whether you think you can or think you cant you are always right. belive in yourself and you can stop if that is what you want to do. also i dont know if you are a christian butyou can do all things through christ who strengthens you. i tend to forget that sometimes but its very true. it als omight be good to see a counselor. i always swore that if i was sent ot a counselor that i wouldnt talk but i have one now and its not that bad and it helps. best of luck to you. i hope you can stop. if you need someone to talk to i am here Smile
|
Quick Reply