Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

how can i get rid of surgical scars?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
i had cut my arm badly last year. i regret it a lot. and now i have around 12 visible permanent scars on my arm. 2 stiches scars 2 keloids and rest are cuts by razor. my arm looks horrible and i feel embarrassed when i go out. i am really fed up of these scars. can someone please suggest how can i ret rid of these scars?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 26th, 2011
Experienced User
hi, you can never fully get rid of the scars unforchantly, however you can reduce them.

marula oil can help reduce scars, it will not be a mirical cure but can help them become less visible, it will also help prevent the skin drying out and becoming ichy.

if the scars are realy upsetting you then it is posible to mask them useing makeup blended into your normal skin tone but this is time consumming if effective, it will descise it but not neccerly conpleatly if the dffence in pigmetation is large.

i hope this helps. Smile
|

replied May 29th, 2011
thankyou Smile
|
Tags: arm, arm injury
Quick Reply