Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

How can I force myself to poop quickly?

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
Help me! About two days ago I consumed a bag of Spitz Sunflower Seeds, and ate the shells as well. Been doing it my whole life, never caused a problem.

Since 22 hours ago (approx), I have been unable to poop, due to the fact the poop is a very large chunk of pointly pieces of sunflower seed shells.

I have tried ex-lax, abd Glycerin Suppositories, with no result. I have also been drinking plenty of water, but again, no result.

It's 12:30AM EST right now, and I havent eaten for 26 hours, due to me feeling as though i would puke anything and everything up.

I need to eat, and hopefully very soon. Is there any way I can get this over with quickly, with little pain?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper JamPez
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2011
Hello, and thanks for your medical question on eHealthForum.

Based on the history, you may have some impacted stool, due to the recent food intake as described.

Since the steps taken by you have not been helpful, you might need a bowel enema to help evaluate the bowels.

You might consult your doctor or visit the ER for assistance and proper treatment.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.